American Psychiatric Association. Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Patients With Schizophrenia. 3rd ed. American Psychiatric Association; 2021. Accessed June 15, 2023. https://psychiatryonline.org/doi/epdf/10.1176/appi.books.9780890424841
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5th ed. American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
- Kumari S, Malik M, Florival C, Manalai P, Sonje S. An assessment of five (PANSS, SAPS, SANS, NSA-16, CGI-SCH) commonly used symptoms rating scales in schizophrenia and comparison to newer scales (CAINS, BNSS). J Addict Res Ther. 2017;8(3):324. doi:10.4172/2155-6105.1000324.
- Haro JM, Kamath SA, Ochoa S, et al. The Clinical Global Impression-Schizophrenia scale: a simple instrument to measure the diversity of symptoms present in schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl. 2003;(416):16-23. doi:10.1034/j.1600-0447.107.s416.5.x
- Silberstein J, Harvey PD. Impaired introspective accuracy in schizophrenia: an independent predictor of functional outcomes. Cogn Neuropsychiatry. 2019;24(1):28-39. doi:10.1080/13546805.2018.1549985
- Spitz A, Studerus E, Korany S, et al. Correlations between self-rating and observer-rating of psychopathology in at-risk mental state and first-episode psychosis patients: influence of disease stage and gender. Early Interv Psychiatry. 2017;11(6):461-470. doi:10.1111/eip.12270
- Harvey PD. Assessment of everyday functioning in schizophrenia. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011;8(5):21-24.
This resource is intended for educational purposes only and is intended for US healthcare professionals. Healthcare professionals should use independent medical judgment. All decisions regarding patient care must be handled by a healthcare professional and be made based on the unique needs of each patient.
ABBV-US-01339-MC, Version 1.0
AbbVie Medical Affairs
Recommended on NP Psych Navigator
Unrecognized Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression Managed in Primary Care: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Daveney, et al explore the characteristics of patients with mixed symptoms, as compared to those without mixed symptoms, in both bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder.